Founded in 1997 under the leadership of Jean-Claude Delorme, O.C., O.Q., C.R. (1934-2006), the National Gallery of Canada Foundation is a not-for-profit registered charity dedicated to achieving sustained private financial support for the Gallery.
In 2009, the Foundation launched The American Friends of the National Gallery of Canada to facilitate the support of art patrons living in the United States.
The Foundation aims to establish strategic endowments in all key priority areas of the Gallery:
- Acquisition of Works of Art
- Curatorial Research and Support
- Restoration and Conservation of Works of Art
- Acquisition and Preservation of Historical Research, Rare Books, Technical Material and other documents for the Library
- Internships and Research Fellowships
- Education and Public Programmes
- CyberMuse and New Technologies
- National Outreach and Travelling Exhibitions
Please contact us to learn more about how you can give to the National Gallery of Canada Foundation to support the National Gallery’s endeavours. Your inquiry will be handled in a confidential manner.