Teachers Lesson Plans
Real Life - Guy Ben-Ner and Ron Mueck
- Definition: Visual balance is a principle of design whereby the elements of design are arranged to create an effect of stability. The positioning of the elements according to their size, colour, texture and details creates visual balance, and that balance can be symmetrical or asymmetrical.
3 + 4 + 1, 1956
© Estate of Paul-Émile Borduas / SODRAC (2007)
Whitish or reddish earth, soft to the touch, primarily composed of silica and alumina.
Claude (called Clodion) Michel
A Nymph Carrying the Infant Bacchus, 1799
- Definition: Fibreglass is an extremely fine glass filament. By extension, composite materials reinforced with this fibre are also called fibreglass.
- Definition: In contemporary art, an installation is composed of several elements assembled to form a work that occupies its own three-dimensional space. Installations are constructed from various objects including those found or fabricated by the artist. Installations generally allow the visitor to interact with the work.
- Definition: Written public declaration by which a government, public figure or political group sets out a program or justifies a position.
- Principles of Design
- Definition: Principles of design, such as balance, unity, variety, rhythm, emphasis and pattern, describe the way in which the elements of design are organized in a work of art to create a specific effect or impression and convey ideas.
- Definition: A sculpture is characterized by the use of three dimensions and the solidity of its materials. As a general rule, the artist first makes a drawing and a model.
- Short Feature
- Definition: Film of a specific length.
- Definition: Silicones are polymers that include silicon together with carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and sometimes other chemical elements with a wide variety of forms and uses. Typically heat-resistant, nonstick, and rubberlike, they are commonly used in, sealants, adhesives and lubricants.
- Definition: Scenario (description of the action of a film) where each shot is the subject of a drawing.