Being a Photojournalist: Grade 4-6
- Paper and pencils for sketches
- 11" x 17" paper
- White tablecloths or sheets (cut into 11" x 17" pieces, one for each student)
- Red, black, blue, yellow and green felt (or other colours)
- Decorative cloth in a variety of colours, motifs and textures
- Crayons, coloured pencils, pastels or felt pens
- Laces, string or leather cord
- 8 cm x 12 cm paper (for labels)
- Pre-cut the 11? x 17? pieces of white cloth (these are suggested dimensions only). You can purchase the sheets or tablecloths at a second-hand store, as well as the decorative cloth, which the students can cut up for their collages.
- You can also prepare a short questionnaire to help your students decide on their favorite animal, food, recreational activity, sport, friend, colour, etc.
- Disposable, 35 mm or digital cameras
- Film or memory cards
- 40?x60? panel on which to display photos (cardboard, bulletin board, etc.)
- Glue, photo corners or adhesive tape
- Felt pens
- Printer and photographic paper if digital cameras are used
- Cost of developing photos if film is used
- Prepare the equipment you will need for the photo session (cameras, memory card or film)
- Depending on your budget, you can give each student a camera or divide the students into small groups for the purpose of sharing a camera. You can decide on the number of photos to be taken by each student on the basis of your budget and the size of the groups.