Teachers Lesson Plans
Morphosis: Grade 9-12
- Paper and pencils for sketches
- 11" x 17" paper
- White tablecloths or sheets (cut into 11" x 17" pieces, one for each student)
- Red, black, blue, yellow and green felt (or other colours)
- Decorative cloth in a variety of colours, motifs and textures
- Crayons, coloured pencils, pastels or felt pens
- Laces, string or leather cord
- 8 cm x 12 cm paper (for labels)
- Pre-cut the 11? x 17? pieces of white cloth (these are suggested dimensions only). You can purchase the sheets or tablecloths at a second-hand store, as well as the decorative cloth, which the students can cut up for their collages.
- You can also prepare a short questionnaire to help your students decide on their favorite animal, food, recreational activity, sport, friend, colour, etc.
- Magazine pictures that feature different animals, plants, trees, etc.
- Sketching paper
- Paper cut into rectangles of 12x8cm (heavy white paper is recommended)
- Drawing pencils
- Coloured pencils
- Thick binder clips, solid rubber bands or glue
- Read and make copies of key Inuit legends (Sedna or Qiviuk are recommended).
- Have students bring a photograph of themselves from home that they can use as a reference for their portrait. (Make photocopies if necessary).
- Cut heavy white paper into rectangles of 12x8cm (Each student should have 20-50 rectangles).