My Upside-down World!: Grade 4-6
- Paper and pencils for sketches
- 11" x 17" paper
- White tablecloths or sheets (cut into 11" x 17" pieces, one for each student)
- Red, black, blue, yellow and green felt (or other colours)
- Decorative cloth in a variety of colours, motifs and textures
- Crayons, coloured pencils, pastels or felt pens
- Laces, string or leather cord
- 8 cm x 12 cm paper (for labels)
- Pre-cut the 11? x 17? pieces of white cloth (these are suggested dimensions only). You can purchase the sheets or tablecloths at a second-hand store, as well as the decorative cloth, which the students can cut up for their collages.
- You can also prepare a short questionnaire to help your students decide on their favorite animal, food, recreational activity, sport, friend, colour, etc.
- Small (approx. (23 x 30 cm) cardboard boxes (one per student)
- Gouache or acrylic paint
- Large paintbrushes
- A variety of paper types (construction, tissue, magazines etc.)
- String or clear fishing line
- Felt pens and pencils
- Hole punches
- Glue sticks
- Recycled items for creating small three-dimensional objects (corks, scraps of cloth, coffee stirrers, bottle caps, etc.)
- Plastic bags or newspapers to cover the work areas
- Gather materials and ask students to bring in a box a week before the activity
- Cover work area for the painting session
- To shorten the activity time, the boxes can be painted by the teacher ahead of time, or purchased. A single-coloured box will provide a blank surface for your students? creations.